God has made a home in the heavens for the sun. It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding. It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race. The sun rises at one end of the heavens
and follows its course to the other end. Nothing can hide from its heat.
~Psalm 19:4-6, NLT
Life begins once Jesus becomes the reason you live it.
As I mentioned yesterday, John was a Philosopher and a Theologian. It amazes me to think of what God did through this ordinary Galilean fisherman. Jesus favorite method of teaching was through parables. Parables are earthly stories with heavenly meaning. Jesus took an object from the natural world and used it to teach a spiritual reality. For example: He used ‘seed’ as a metaphor for the word of God. John understood that Creation and even our solar system is a dim reflection of greater spiritual realities. What is at the center of our solar system? Where do we get our light? For plants and animals, what is the one thing we cannot do without? In our solar system, everything revolves around the sun. It is the source of light and life. We cannot live without the sun.
Who is the center of the spiritual world or the kingdom of God? It’s the Son, the Son of God. Who is our source of life and life? Again the answer is Jesus. There are so many similarities between the two:
- Both are glorious and radiant
- Both generate light and life
- Both are dominant: unrivaled in creation–Champions
- Both are faithful, dependable, always at work, tireless
- Both have unbelievable influence
- Both are high and exalted
- Both are enlightening
- Both have the power to give or take life
- Both can make their presence felt
- Both are more powerful than we can comprehend
The seed and the sun are not the only two object lessons that teach spiritual truth. Jesus used sleep as a picture of physical death and the resurrection. He used the law of the harvest to teach the spiritual law of retribution. Psalm 19:1 of the Good News Bible reads…How clearly the sky reveals God’s glory! How plainly it shows what he has done! You do not have to be an intellect to see God in creation and only fools do not see Him beyond.
- Praise the LORD, we got the DIGEST to Alabama mail. We have been trying to get this done for two weeks.
- I sure was enjoying the warm weather. Where else, but in Alabama, do you run heat and A/C in the same week in the middle of January.