The mark of a Spirit-filled believer is to detect lies and liars and avoid them.
~Warren W. Wiersbe
David had enemies who used their tongues as weapons. David said, “They utter lies to each other; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak.” Our present generation is a generation of liars. President Trump has rightly accused the news media of reporting false or fake news. He may be wrong about some things but he is not wrong about the media, they produce one incessant stream of propaganda. The New York Times and the Washington Post are fabricating news on a daily basis. Unfortunately, some believe what they are printing. Lexi was driving Chloe and Carson Andrews to town yesterday and when they passed our house Chloe said to Carson, “That is where my lazy old grand maw lives.” This comes from a four year old who rings a cow bell when she wants Big Mama to bring her something to eat or drink. Chloe is the lazy one, not Big Mama.
David felt like he was living in a society controlled by deception. I wonder what he would think if he could see what is going on in America today. The lies David faced with full of contempt and pride. They were deceptive words, smooth words, duplicitous words and proud words. These liars said to themselves, “With our tongues we will prevail; our lips are our own—who is our master?” They had no fear of God, thus they did not fear accountability. What irony, David’s Psalm is as true today as it was when he wrote it 3,000 years ago. To our present lying generation, scripture has no value. Giving them a copy of God’s word would be like giving a hog a pearl necklace yet it is the SCRIPTURE that declares truth while they spew lies and propaganda. Long after this lying generation has departed, the WORD OF GOD will still be standing. “The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.” (Isa. 40:8) The LORD said to a young Jeremiah, “I am watching over my word to perform it.” As I told the congregation last night: “Every promise, every prophecy has either been fulfilled or is in the process of being fulfilled or else will be fulfilled in the future. If God says it, it is so simply because God said so. The prophecy in scripture is history.
- Vickie Livingston Tidwell’s surgery went well. She got a good report but it was a painful surgery that involves a prolonged recovery. She was hurting when I left last night.
- It is also a travel day for the Children. They are coming home from Summer Camp. They have been at Lee University in Cleveland, TN. since Sunday.
- Sunday is the kickoff for our YOUTHS week of Missions.
- Yesterday was the longest day of the year and the beginning of Summer.
- They are putting in the new floor in the Nursery. It should be ready by Sunday.
- Joe David has landed in New York. He gets home today LORD willing, after a week in Asia. June and I are about to leave for Atlanta to pick him up. Thank you for all the prayers.