To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne.
Revelation 3:21, NIV
Only God can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph and a victim into a victor.
Many translations use the word ‘Overcome’ but the NIV translates the Greek word nikaō from the root word nikē as victorious. You will find this word in all seven letters:
- Ephesus–To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
- Smyrna–The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.
- Pergamum–To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna.
- Thyatira–To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations.
- Sardis–To the one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.
- Philadelphia–The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it.
- Laodicea–To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne.
Obviously, Jesus intends for us to be victorious and our victory is in HIM. The key to overcoming this world is obedient faith in Jesus Christ. John wrote the Revelation on the eve of a new century. The Jews were the first century persecutors but this was about to change. John saw the Roman persecution coming and so his message to the seven churches was stay faithful to Jesus and a victory is insured.
Paul told the Roman believers… Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble, calamity, persecution, hungry, destitution, danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. The word overwhelming victory is Greek is hyper-nike.
- June says that a cool front is coming in with temps in the high 80’s and low 90’s. Welcome relief as far as I am concerned.
- The College and Career age leave for Guatemala today.
- My sister sent me a TOP TEN
- Surprise, surprise: when we got home from church, our A/C had gone out. Thank the LORD for the 110 unit in the study and I got an in room unit that I brought in from the barn. We are using quilts for doors and camping out in the den.
- Catfish took a picture of the Guatemalan Team but I can’t find it. It was a sight for sore eyes. I think someone said 22 and 4 were not here.
#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I’ve decided to marry my German Shepherd.
#9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn’t.
#8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
#7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
#6. I vote Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that gets police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.
#5. I vote Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.
#4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into it.
#3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.
#2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
#1. And, the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it’s better to pay $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish here in America. We don’t care about the beetles, gophers, or fish in those other countries.