People should be happy and do good while they live…People should be satisfied with all their hard work. That is God’s gift to them.
Ecclesiastes 3:12-13, NIrV
Know how blessed you are to be able to work hard.
Friday is usually my work day outside and it is amazing how little I can accomplish in that one off day. Last Friday was particularly tough because I was plumbing and I hate plumbing. I ran a water line to my new office building. By the grace of God, I got her done but not without falling and banging my hard head on a root. I was sore for two days and now I have a massive hematoma on the right hip. I can’t work as hard I once did but I still get tired after a day of physical labor. There is nothing like a hard day’s work and then a good shower and a comfortable recliner with a glass of Big Mama’s ice tea. I do thank God for the ability to work and I consider myself very blessed. What a joy it has been to serve the folks of DBC for these 37 years. I don’t have perfect health but I thank God for what I have and the ability to go. I agree with Solomon, it is A GIFT FROM GOD. Thank You Abba Father!
- It is always good for us to have something to look forward to and we all need to get away from time to time…get out of our routine and meet some new people. We made a couple of mistakes. We stopped in Missouri at the original LAMBERTS and the service was very slow and that got us behind schedule which put us in St. Louis at the 5:00 PM rush hour but we survived. I love to go to MLB games but I bought expensive field level seats and then worried that we would get hit with a foul ball. Actually, the worst part was we were surrounded by drunks. They were good natured drunks but a drunk is a drunk. I highly recommend Branson, especially for mature adults. There is a lot of Christian influence in Branson and the drivers there are more courteous than those in St. Louis. IF I WERE TO GO AGAIN I would do two things different…Go in the middle of October and stay at the LANDING in one of the Hilton’s. They have two and one is huge. It has a BASS PRO SHOP right across the street and you are in walking distance of old down town Branson where the bargains are. There is still no great way to get to Branson from North Alabama but the roads are much better than they were a decade ago.
- SUNDAY IS COLOR DAY. This is the last Sunday of Summer and Mr. Hardy has suggested that we celebrate it with color. Men wear your HAWAIIAN shirts or any loud color. Ladies, wear your most colorful outfit. The Psalmist said, Sing praises to God and to His name! Sing loud praises to Him who rides the clouds. Praise Him with a clash of cymbals; praise Him with loud clanging cymbals. Let’s praise Him with loud dress. Amen!
- I think we have a BAPTISM or two this Sunday!
- By the way: The NIrV is a new translation of the NIV that is easy to read: I love it–it is great!
- The PASTORS SEARCH TEAM WILL MAKE A RECOMMENDATION TO THE CHURCH THIS SUNDAY.