The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”
~Psalm 110:1, NLT
As eternal God, Jesus is the ‘root’ [originator] of Jesse [David] and as man He was the Son of David.
~Warren W. Wiersbe
David wrote Psalm 110 which was used in the coronation of a king but the Psalm is about Jesus. All the Psalm have a messianic verse or thought but this one is purely messianic. No Jewish king was ever priest. The Messianic king would be both ruler [king] and representative [priest]. This Psalm does not give divine rights to earthy kings as some have supposed. There is only one person in the universe that can fulfill this Psalm and that is Jesus. The Psalm begins, Yahweh says to my Adonai [the Father says to the Son] sit in the place of honor at My right hand until I subdue all Your enemies.
- Jesus was God’s son, the only begotten full of grace and truth.
- Jesus was sinless, thus qualifying Him not only to present, as Priest, the sacrifice but to become the sacrifice. No one else could do this.
- Jesus is eternally God thus He is our priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek, a symbol of the eternal because there is no record of his birth or death. George Washington and I have something in common, we both have the same Priest.
- Jesus is not only our eternal Priest, He is our sovereign KING. The Father has given Him all authority. Jesus prayed in the model prayer, “Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory.” All power belongs to God. All authority has been given to Jesus. This means that you and I have no power or authority unless Jesus shares what He has with us.
The world can be divided into two groups: believers and unbelievers. After hearing Fredric Farrar preach on the second coming of Christ, Queen Victoria made this comment…I wish the LORD would come during my lifetime. When Farrar asked her why she desired to be alive when Jesus came, she said, “I would love to lay my crown at His blessed feet in reverent adoration.” There are two kinds of people: Those who welcome the Kingdom, the rule of Christ and those who refuse to acknowledge Christ as KING. The democrats, gays, lesbians, ACLU, liberals and the NFL do not want God’s rule but you and I are looking forward to Christ Kingdom here on earth.
Once again, I remind you not to worry or fret about the outcome. Jesus is infinitely more powerful than any hurricane and He has more glory than the sun. No one will be able to resist HIM. The resistance will melt like butter in a furnace. It will be over before it can get started.
- Very good REVIVAL. Our thanks to Bro. Wayne and the Mount Zion Baptist church. It is a fantastic church. I have been encouraged. Larry Bennich did not miss a night. Storming Norman was there last night. Stacey and Danielle did’t miss but one night. June didn’t miss a service. It was a good week.
- The LORD has blessed me in September: we had only one Sunday that we did not preach but I am looking forward to being at DBC Sunday. I have an open date.
- We could use a little rain: it is beginning to get dry.
- Hauling hay today and conducting Sarah’s brother’s COLS tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers.