You adulterous people. Don’t you know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? So whoever wants to be the friend of the world becomes the enemy of God.
~James 4:4, CSB
The world is wrong side up; it needs to be turned upside down in order to be right side up.
We were in I Peter 3 last night where Peter talks about our response to slander and accusations. As Paul warned young Timothy, “All who will live godly in Christ Jesus, will suffer persecution.” Note the word all. Persecution will happen any time we become at variance with the world. As long as we go along with the trends and adopt the ways of the world, we will have peace with the world. But there is a huge problem: FRIENDSHIP with the world puts us at enmity with God. Personally, I prefer God’s approval over that of the world but many do not. What about people who say they are Christians but they are walking in step with the world. The world believes it is OK to terminate the life of the unborn. This is not the view of the church, Catholic or Protestant. It is not the view of the bible. The word of God speaks with absolute authority on ABORTION, homosexuality, same sex marriage, evolution and on and on. Genesis 2:24 clearly states… Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be one flesh. I think this is rather clear, “A man” shall leave his “Father and Mother” and cleave to “His wife.” It doesn’t say, “significant other.” As Mike Snider says, “God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.” Romans chapter one is emphatically clear…Romans 1:25-27….
They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
Then note the last verse…They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
What about folks like Jimmy Carter who profess to be Christians but promote gay rights and abortion? The above is not my opinion, it is God’s word and it is absolutely true. The libs have convinced themselves that the world is gray but where is the gray in Romans 1 or in Jesus teachings? The world does not like absolute truth; they insist that everything is “relative.” If you are in agreement with the world, you have a serious spiritual problem. You are either deceived or in willful rebellion against God.
Many of these people who have drank the government cool aid are not bad people but they are wrong. Our job is to point them in the right direction with gentleness and respect. I don’t think I have failed to proclaim the truth, the absolute truth but I have failed to show respect and to be gentle.
- My first blog on my new mini-computer that cost 219$. You get what you pay for, the little booger is slow but on a normal day, I will use it only for editing and publishing.
- Our Sound Man, Markham Sharp is in HH with pancreatitis. Larry Bennich is still in ICU at UAB. Continue to pray for Amanda, Jeremy’s sister. Pray for our ROCKY FORD BLOCK PARTY this Saturday at 4:00. Anyone that wants to help, give me a call. Everyone except my family can win a door prize. We do have a 40 inch Smart TV, a leaf blower and several small prizes. If you are a friend of Ray Edwards, you need to come. The party will honor him primarily.
- I came across two outstanding quotes in our Daily Bread last week:
- The grace we have in Christ not only forgives us of our sins, it makes us better people. ~David Roper
- Courage is needed to stand against evil because our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the powers of darkness. Clearly this unseen opposition is more than we can handle on our own. ~Bill Crowder
- Until reading the Daily Bread devotion on Saturday, I did not know that the Poem Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star had five verses. I learn something new everyday and then forget it before dark.