- Jairus Daughter–the mourners, “She is dead.” Jesus contradiction, “She is not dead, she is only asleep.”
- Lazarus– Martha, “Lord, by this time there is a bad smell. He has been in the tomb for four days.” Jesus, “Did I not tell you, your brother will rise again…Lazarus come forth.”
- Feeding the mulitude–Andrew, “Here is a boy with five small loaves of barley bread. He also has two small fish. But how far will that go in such a large crowd?” Jesus” “Have the people sit down, we are about to serve lunch.”
If Jesus says you are alive, then you are alive where you feel alive or not. Jesus always has the final word and what He says is fact, what your heart says is mostly fiction that will lead to folly. If you follow your heart [feelings] your life will be an emotional roller coaster. You will be up one day and down the next. You will get so disoriented, you will not know if you are up or down or which side is up.
I plead with these people who follow their heart when they fall in love again with someone other than they mate for life. Can you fall in love again? Sure, erotic love is conditional. I’ve had old people [my age, and older] tell me that felt like they were 16 again. I had a woman who was almost 90 tell me she felt like she was 16. I don’t remember what I said exactly but I should have said, “Well, you are not 16, your are 86 and that is a fact.” I have had grown people with children tell me: “I’m not happy preacher and I believe God wants me to be happy” and I tell them all the same thing: “You are being conned, decieved by your own heart and you are not going to be happy. When the new wears off and it will, you will find yourself is a worse condition than you are in now.” The grass may seem greener in your neighbor’s yard but it’s the grass over the sewage lines. You heart tells you what you want to hear, the bible tells you what is right. Ignore the heart and do what is right and eventually, you will be thankful that you did.
I get amused at the number of people who try revert back to the age 16. I see old codgers who are as bald headed as a bowling ball go pass me in a convertible, one of these tiny ones that you have to bend over and let them spray it on you. They don’t sell these cars to teenagers, they can’t afford them, they sell them to “want-to-bees”. Get you a convertible, get you a toupe’e, blow dry your chest hair but you are still old. So you are married and have kids, act like an adult, not a child. Your adult children need a responsible parent not another child.
- Blog got a little long, sorry. Got on my soapbox.
- I love this 50* weather. Cool enough to feel like Christmas but not so cold you freeze when you walk outside.
- Busy week, Joe David is graduating Seminary this Saturday. We will be going down Friday. I haven’t been to New Orleans in years, probably 25 or more. We will attend the ceremony and we have one visit to make. One of our church moms, the only one we have left, lives in New Orleans.